Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In the beginning

Everyone and everything has to begin somewhere. I have wanted to set up a blog for a long time, but being not too computer literate (although I work on one) the desire to blog never could overcome my fear of new things. I think everyone is afraid of new things. A wonderful friend of mine who knows my "fears" once sent me a card with a beautiful watercolor butterfly on it. The card simply said, "Everyone is afraid of change". I framed it. It hangs in my bathroom where I can see it each day. It has been hanging in my bathroom for over 20 years now. I am still uncomfortable with change, but it helps to know others are too.

I truly don't have a clue how to proceed from this first post to the next step, and it took me two days after I "created" the blog to write this little bit. But I will continue, and I will get there, and I hope to have others join me and read of many things--a dibble of this, a dabble of that, like a recipe, a little of some things, a lot of other things --more or less. When you have lived as long as I have you have much to remember, much to talk about, and the surprising thing is the vast number of subjects you have become familiar with.
But for now I must cease with the beginning of my blog and step into my day for real.

Always learning,
Happiness is to Know

No comments:

Post a Comment